Thursday, May 25, 2006

Check this out....




I know it probably doesn't look like much, but I am so happy. After visiting 3 different Kinkos I finally got one to try binding the chipboard for me. They had no trouble with it, and it turned out perfect.

Ever since the first Becky Higgins book I sketch all of my layouts. My scraproom is full with a million little post-it notes with layout sketches. I have more sketches than I will probably ever scrap, but I still keep sketching. In my quest to orgainze I decided to make myself a sketch book, but really wanted one with the squares already drawn. Since I could not find one on the market I decided to make my own. The book contains 50 pages the have 4 squares printed on each side. So the book is just over 1/4" thick and can hold 400 sketches.

I wanted to keep the cover flat so that I could use it like a spiral notebook and flip the cover over the back and still have it lay flat. I made this plain simple one first to make sure that I could get it bound. I plan to make another one with a more detailed (but still flat) cover.

My next task it to start tranferring my million post-it's into sketchbooks like these. Sometimes it's the little things that can make you happy.


9 comments:

Nicola said...

that is fantastic what a wonderful idea, you should make some more and sell them :)

Christi said...

great idea!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great idea, Missy. Like you, I love sketches and have wondered where I can keep all the print outs I have of online sketches. I'm also doing my own, so I'll have to decide where I want to do a book like this! May I ask how much $$ it cost to get the book bound?

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Wooooow! You are so organized!

I agree with Nicola, this has great bussiness potential.

Anonymous said...

LOVE that book!!! May be just the ticket to "trade" for Blonde Moments papers.....I'm on it, just waiting for the lovely "Blonde Moments" gal to come back from holiday....going to see if we can get a little deal for our lovely Missy!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

o WOW is that a cool idea!!! I wanna see it (all filled in...)!!!

Unknown said...

Awesome book Missy. I agree with Nicola. You could make more and sell them on e-bay. I'm curious though. Why did you spell your title as 'scetchbook'?

Danea Burleson said...

This is sooo cool and you know I want one too! yet here I am still sketching on scraps and then tossing them because it's on the smae paper as my test stamping, glue bits, doodling font...etc...LOL.

To answer Sue's question, ummm I think it's because Missy is alot like me and won't win any spelling bee's...ha ha.

yezenia said...

That's such a great idea Missy!