Tuesday, February 14, 2006

3 posts in one day!!!!

Is that even allowed?

Since I still don't have internet at home and all my scrapbooking stuff is still 100% packed away I attempted to get my sb fix last night by looking through the latest issues of Memory Makers and Creating Keepsakes. Over the last year I have gotten into a very bad habit of not reading or even opening my magazines. I was getting so many of them that I just couldn't keep up, so I just stopped looking at all of them - except for an occasional glance.

As a result I have decided to scale WAY back on the number of magazines I subscribe to and take the time to read them or at least look at the layouts. I am planning to drop all sb related magazines except for CK and MM. I will buy others from time to time but those are the only two I am going to keep subscriptions to.

It actually felt really good to look at the new magazines. I didn't realize how much the sb world was changing again. It seems like that ultra simple look that was so hot about 6 months ago is being replaced with a little more detailed looking layouts. I am loving the look of all the curves and swooshes, doodling just makes me happy, and I am so glad to see that the layered paper look is not out for good. Right before we moved I bought the Pazzels mini cutter and after looking at the magazines last night I am more excited than ever to get that unboxed and set up. I can't wait to make pretty flowers and connected titles....ooohh that is going to be so much fun.

More good news for me is that I ordered my scraproom furniture from IKEA this weekend. I am hoping that we have it delivered within 10 days or so. I was very disappointed that I will not have it for this coming weekend. After the carpets are in on Saturday we have two full days to unpack (with the presidents day holiday)...it would have been great to use this time to get my sb room organized, but I didn't order the furniture in time. Of course there is plently of other stuff to do, but I know you all will understand how much I want to get moving on my scrap room.

2 comments:

Christi said...

Hey, Missy! It's good to hear that the moving is going well. Here's hoping that your furniture arrives SOON!!! Here's the link to that shirt at Target... http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_2/602-1847526-3516659?%5Fencoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000BH1RCW . Good News! It's on sale! smiles!

Juls said...

You are busy girl! But it's a good kind of busy. I hope you get your furniture soon so you can organize your scraproom. Woo-Hoo!