Friday, February 10, 2006

McBain on the Brain

Yippie, we are finally moved and getting settled in the new place. Our new street address is McBain...and even though I am back at work all I really have is McBain on the brain. I just keep thinking about all the stuff we have to do and all the upgrades we are going to make. It's all good happy thoughts but does make it a bit hard to concentrate at work.

The move went as smoothly as could be expected. The only major snafoo was that we didn't get the right key to the door at the closing, so we ended up calling a locksmith to get us in the house on Monday night. After we were in and had the doors re-keyed we were off and running. On Monday night Jim and I made 6-7 runs between the old house and the new house (taking valuables and breakable items). Lucky for us they are less than a 1/2 mile apart so there was very little driving time. We worked until about 2:30 in the morning when I finally told him I had to go to sleep. We only slept for about 4 hours and then got back up to finish a few things before the movers arrived on Tuesday morning. By 1:00pm the truck was loaded and we were on the way to the new house. At 4:00pm the truck was completely unloaded and the movers were gone, leaving us with weeks of work ahead of us.

Since we are having all 4 bedrooms repainted and carpeted in the next two weeks we decided to put all the furniture and boxes into the remaining rooms until those upgrades are finishes. So it is sort of like we are camping and not really moved in....but it is still loads of fun.

Even though we are not exactly unpacking yet we got so much done in the past few days. If I was this productive all the time I would be so on top of everything. We moved, scheduled the painting, ordered the carpets, had the washer and dryer delivered, the phone guy came out, the cable guy came out twice (and needs to come back one more time), had the gas turned back on, and bought a new kitchen table that was delivered last night. So it really is all coming together, and after we can get stuff moved into the bedrooms we will have our work cut out for us.

The only major gripe I have is that the kitchen was left NASTY. It was cleaned by a cleaning lady but she didn't wipe out the cabinets or clean the appliances. So Jim has been scrubbing his fingers to the bones getting that all cleaned up....he is so good!!!

Both Jim and I are so excited about the new place. We keep finding more and more things that we want to modernize. The previous owners were an older couple that didn't do much in the way of brining the house into the 21st century. We knew about all the big stuff before we moved in, but as we look around we keep finding more and more little things that we keep adding to the list.

So now I just need to figure out how to keep my mind off the house and get back to being productive at work.....not likely to happen for the next week or two.

6 comments:

Danea Burleson said...

Dude!!!! I WANT TO SEE IT!!! I am so happy yo are finally in, ca't wait to see it all come together. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I can't wait to see it!!

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Congratulations on your new home! Enjoy! :)

Christi said...

It sounds like so much fun, Missy...all that redecorating and making it yours. The work sucks, but it will so be worth it in the end! smiles!

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you Missy!

Crystle said...

I am so happy for you!!! I would have McBain on the brain too!!!! Someday...again congrtas!!