Wednesday, March 29, 2006

2006 Scrapping Goals

Every year I write a list of my scrapping goals and then see how I did at the end of the year. Due to the craziness of the house move I am quite a bit behind schedule for 2006 goals. Now that things have calmed down a bit I thought I would take the time to write down and share my Personal goals that are scrap related.

While grading last years goals, I noticed that many of ones I did not meet were for the most part out of my control. So this year I am going to focus on what is in my control and just list the desired outcome if it is out of my control.
  1. Enter the MMM Contest again (Desired outcome: Become a MMM or runner-up)
  2. Submit at least 2 projects a month (starting in March) to Creating Keepsakes (Desired Outcome: Get published in CK)
  3. Submit at least 2 projects to all the public BHG calls (starting in March) (Desired Outcome: Get Published in BHG scrapbooks ect.)
  4. Inquire and/or apply for a manufacturing DT. Inquire on at least 10 teams - or until 1 works out. (Desired Outcome: Become a member of a manufacturing DT)
  5. READ (or at least look at) each of the magazines subscribed to and reduce the total number of subscriptions.
  6. Complete at least 10 pages or projects per month. (Since I am starting out a little late my 2006 goal is 100 pages, cards or projects).
  7. Scrap a mini-album about maz and paz (grandparents)
  8. Make all holiday and gift cards given to DH this year.
  9. Keep online gallery fresh and updated, keep sb resume updated, and add all new layouts to ScrapGenie Gallery when applicable.
  10. Meet all commitments and deadlines for The Scrapbook Magazine contributions and do the best work I am capable of.
  11. Make something special for Mom.
  12. Display artistic creations in the house - OUTSIDE of the scraproom.
  13. Learn more about photography by either reading a book or taking a class. Practice photography techniques.
  14. Make my first digital layout!!!
  15. Make sure every minute of scrapping is FUN

I know the last one is quite hard to judge but for me it's probably the most important. Scrapping is my hobby not my job so it needs to be fun and relaxing!!

I also realize the desired outcome of the first 4 goals is quite lofty, but the part of those that are within my control is quite do-able. 2005 was a good scrapping year for me and I hope 2006 is even better.

3 comments:

Christi said...

Great goals, Missy, and all are definitely do-able!! You definitely have the talent to accomplish them esp. the first 4. Smiles!

christina said...

great goals missy, i think that you can accomplish them all :)

Anonymous said...

Its great to have goals Missy. I know you'll accomplish them!!