Monday, March 27, 2006

A relaxing weekend.

After two months of non-stop craziness with the house move, Jim and I took a well needed break this weekend. The to-do list has not stopped growing but we needed a rest. No home depot, target, office max, or paint store runs...no furniture building, light fixture replacements, or garage organizing...we didn't even clean the house. Oh it felt so good just to be lazy again.

On Saturday I slept in until 8:30am, did a little work in the yard (just the fun stuff messing with the flowers), watched some college basketball (it's march Madness baby), enjoyed the nice weather with a picnic (in our backyard), and we topped off the afternoon with a nap. It was a great day and Sunday was even better. Again I slept in until after 8:00am, DH and I went out for a nice sit down brunch, and then cleaned up my scraproom and organized a few things that still needed to be done after moving in. I watched my new Cyndi Lauper DVD and listened to the CD (I still love her), and then scrapped for several hours. I made 4 layouts....a few of them are going to be used for an article I am writing for The Scrapbook Magazine...as soon as I decide which ones will be used I will post the others.

Now next weekend will be back to work again. Our replacement doors should be in so the contractor can get working again, we have the chimney sweep people coming, and I really need to finish unpacking my cloths. Not to mention all the shopping that we didn't do this weekend will need to be done. So while I enjoyed my break it's going to mean more work for next week.

No comments: