Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The NEED to scrap!

For anyone who is currently having or has had scrapping mojo issue in the past, I have figured out a fool proof solution and I am going to share it. Take every piece of paper, embellishment, scissor, and accessory that you have, pack it up in a box (or about 80 if your anything like me), and don't open a single box for a month. I guarantee that at the end of the month you will be bursting to get into that box and go like mad.

It has now been a month since I finished my last scrapbook page and put all my stuff into boxes. We physically moved 3 weeks ago but since my scraproom was repainted and carpeted I haven't been able to unpack a thing. I am just so antsy to get into those boxes and start scrapping again. Over the last 3 weeks I have been walking around with a sketch book.....I now have over 40 sketches and 20+ inspiration ideas. So it is like torture not being able to run into my room and start working. Seeing my room almost finished is actually making it harder.

The good news for me is that it should only be a few more days now. My stretch goal is to actually get a little scrapping done this weekend, but I will be happy if I can just get the majority of things unpacked.

My room is really close to being finished. I still need to return a table I bought 2 weeks ago and get a smaller one. In addition I want to replace some of my ugly sterlite buckets with some actual wood drawer units. However the majority of my storage area is good to go. Last night I set up my printer, scanner, cutter, computer, and tv but I don't know where I packed the cables so nothing is actually working just yet. Tonight starts the real work. I get to start working on unpacking the paper and embellies. Woo Hoo....this is going to be the fun part.

I am also anxious to post some of my work again. Here are a few pages that I made for the UK trade show a few weeks ago that I didn't post:





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhhh. its good to see your work again Missy! I've missed it. They're beautiful...

Juls said...

Wow Missy, they're all beautiful. I'm sure you're SO happy to get that creativity out of your head. I especially love the baby Sabrina one at the bottom. What are those papers? They're gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

Christi said...

I don't think that I would be able to stand having my stuff packed away for that long! Good for you for making it through!!! LOVE the layouts. You do incredible work! I hope that you have a fabulous weekend to scrap to your heart's content!

Unknown said...

Missy those are beautiful layouts! How is the unpacking going? I think I will do what you suggest and just pack my stuff away. :-)

bucket

Christi said...

Hey, girl! I hear that you have more of a reason to scrapbook! Congrats on joining TSBM DT!!!! Very well deserved!!!!